American Water Field Maintenance Technician -UWUA Arnold in Arnold, Missouri
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Performs a variety of tasks related to locating, laying, repairing, extending and maintaining underground sewer lines.
• Perform MO1Call locates.
• Perform manhole inspections and maintenance/exercising, sewer line flushing inspections, rodding of sewer lines, leak detection, reads, tests, and/or installs water meters when needed and performs customer service functions when needed.
• Work with utility crews and customers performing various water and sewer utility repairs, maintenance, installs, and a high level of customer service/awareness.
• This includes working on sewer main breaks, sanitary sewer backups, and jet flushing sewers.
• Willingness to perform any and all job related functions when needed.
• Maintain and keep equipment in proper and safe operating condition.
• Perform sewer tap inspections and assist in new construction inspections
• Complete required paperwork and investigations. Information must be accurate, complete, detailed, and on time.
• Works with teams or alone to complete assigned projects on time.
• Operate various heavy equipment and vehicles such as dump trucks, water pumps, jackhammers, sewer jet cleaning, vacuum, equipment, tv equipment, etc.
• Effectively operate various equipment such as line locators, metal locators, pressure gauges, sawzall, augers, back hoe operation, and valve insertion machines.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Participates in rotating on call schedule for after hour and weekend emergencies
The person occupying this position must possess basic math, writing and reading skills. The Field Maintenance Technician must be able to use basic computer/field laptops and programs; and knowledge of sewer repair, rehab, replacement and maintenance.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing*™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants* based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.