Graybar Inventory Planner in Bel Ridge, Missouri
Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Purpose Purchase stock material to meet customer requirements, obtain maximum cost savings, and manage inventory investment to meet Company guidelines.
- Monitor inventory and place orders to ensure proper stock levels are maintained; confer with others on key inventory aspects regarding product selectivity, quantity and quality of products being purchased; identify cost saving opportunities and recommend action to management
- Work closely with suppliers to obtain special deals and to correct supplier deficiencies and delivery schedules; keep informed of pending price increases, new products, and obsolete products; take appropriate action to optimize opportunities and minimize inventory risks
- Work with the Cost Analyst to ensure proper pricing as well as vendor and item set up in SAP
- Review forecast, planner performance, overstock, and other reports, as well as other investment tools, to maintain proper inventories
- Eliminate excess and unwanted merchandise by working with suppliers and National Product Managers
- Attend product and procedure training to attain certification
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements Minimum of 1 year experience required: One year of experience in customer service and/or purchasing procedures High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Job Requirements Four-year degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Knowledge
- Knowledge of SAP
- Negotiation skills
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills
- Mathematical skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to purchase and pro-actively manage multiple complex supplier lines for multiple geographic locations
Working Conditions Traditional office environment.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: Inventory Planner
Location: Missouri-Bel Ridge