Regal Beloit Corporation Design Engineer I in Cassville,, Missouri
Position Summary: Design Engineer I for Climate Solutions Group - Combustion Business Unit. Process customer sample requests. Utilize CAD to design, improve and/or optimize products considering manufacturability, quality and cost. Provide mechanical engineering support for new product development projects. Communicate effectively with all functions: Commercial, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality.
Process customer sample requests.
Lead efforts to modify existing products and processes to improve efficiency, performance, and quality.
Assist Quality and Manufacturing Teams in analyzing and resolving field and manufacturing defects / issues.
Act as main point of contact for internal and external customers for technical inquiries.
· Technical Degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks
· Strong relationship and team-building skills
· Individual must be self-motivated, high energy and have strong problem-solving skills
· CAD Experience; SolidWorks proficiency preferred
· CFD and FEA experience a plus
· Experience in taking projects from concept stage into production a plus
· Certified Gas Engineer / Petroleum Engineering / Gas appliance experience a plusGreen Belt in Lean Six Sigma within 3 years