Aerotek Facility Maintenance Technician in Grandview, Missouri
Works with Facilities Manager and Plant Maintenance Specialist to maintain the buildings, building infrastructure and grounds of the CCPD facility to support manufacturing operations by performing the following duties. The person working in this position must be able to work independently with little or no supervision once a task is assigned. May require coordination with facility Management and other facility personnel or outside contractors to perform work. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments, be innovative and a self-starter. Due to the wide variety of work performed, the person in this position must be extremely flexible in working hours, days and working conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Note: Must follow all work rules and policies
• Maintains the buildings by performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, roof repairs and carpentry work.
• Maintains the building infrastructure by performing routine preventive maintenance to HVAC systems, chillers, process pumps, air compressors and dryers, piping systems and fire prevention systems not otherwise covered by maintenance contracts.
• Maintains the grounds by performing routine trimming, brush removal, mowing, weed control, snow and ice removal, repairs to concrete and asphalt drive ways, fence, signs and security systems not otherwise covered by maintenance contracts.
• Coordinates with contractors to assure maintenance and repairs of the buildings, building infrastructure and grounds.
• Performs safety and operational checks on emergency equipment as required by the Facility Safety Committee, Insurance Companies, local, State and Federal Agencies.
• May perform general labor tasks as required.
maintenance, carpentry, hvac, building maintenance, plumbing, groundskeeping
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
One-year certificate from technical school; or one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of heating and air-conditioning systems, process chillers, process pumps, motor controls, air compressors and air dryers preferred.
Knowledge of welding, plumping, and light carpentry as well as the safe use of all tools and machinery used in the maintenance shop preferred.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.