Aerotek Assembler in Greenwood, Missouri
Using a variety of hand & power tools, fixtures, blueprints, work instructions and test equipment perform a series of operations to correctly assemble/test production assemblies and devices.
• Follow detailed assembly instructions, processes and procedures.
• Report problems with quality, processes, equipment and materials to Production Supervisor.
• Provide hands on job function training to coworkers as needed.
• 5s - Maintains a clean and organized work area to facilitate manufacturing functions.
• Report component part shortages to the Manufacturing and Production Managers, and the Purchasing Coordinator as soon as they are detected.
• Assess adequacy of component part stocking levels.
• Maintain established kanbans.
• Creates plan for assembly procedures, following specifications and using knowledge gained by experience.
• Operates production line equipment of a level of complexity requiring the specified training or assembling products, units, machines, equipment, and/or subassemblies.
• Mounts and connects mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic or hydraulic equipment; cuts and fits pipe and tubing.
• Removes small quantities of metal, using hand files or portable grinders, to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts.
• Drills, taps, or reams holes, using drill press or portable drill.
Hand tools, assembly, power tools, line assembly, manufacturing assembly, Assembly, Mechanical, Production, Hand tool, Mechanical assembly
Top Skills Details:
Manufacturing, Assembly, Hand tools
First Shift: 6:00am-4:30pm with potential OT on Fridays. 4-5 month contract and will be evaluated at the end of the contract for permanent position.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must have assembly experience in a manufacturing environment. Recent experience required & must be able/willing to work in a non-temperature controlled environment. must be able to assembly 5 stair lifts a day or 1 vertical lift depending on what line.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.