Universal Forest Products Maintenance Mechanic in Harrisonville, Missouri
- High school diploma
- Minimum 1 year of experience in machine repair in maintenance.
- Working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and control technology, and welding.
- Working knowledge of safe equipment practices and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer and a calculator.
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrates ability to read blue prints, technical diagrams, and operating manuals.
- Demonstrates ability to use precision measuring instruments or tools, and to use manual tools.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Performs regular, preventative maintenance on all machinery, equipment, tools and building.
- Assists in repair of woodworking machinery, infeed/outfeed systems, hand tools and forklifts in accordance with diagrams, operating manuals and manufacturer specifications.
- Orders supplies and parts as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled.
- Maintains records of repair and maintenance activities.
- Performs duties consistent with established safety rules and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- If assigned to Treating Department, performs duties consistent with hazardous waste and hazardous material handling procedures and practices.
- Prepares various reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled