Aerotek Quality Engineer in HAZELWOOD, Missouri
Currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join the Quality Control Team!
The majority of products are mechanical in nature, so this position requires solid mechanical aptitude. Engineer will report to the Quality Control Manager and entails the following duties:
• Collect and analyze quality data, identify problem areas, recommend solutions and coordinate / facilitate corrective action to control costs and achieve established quality objectives for external failures, scrap, problem orders and related performance measures.
• Maintain required quality records and documentation to verify that all quality and manufacturing systems and processes meet or exceed industry standards and/or customer specifications.
• Interact with all internal departments as well as customers and vendors to identify and resolve quality issues in a timely, cost effective and productive manner.
• Analyzes and recommends methods for reducing manufacturing errors, scrap and rework.
• Investigate Product Complaints and implement corrective actions.
• Assist production with Root Cause Analysis with regard to Corrective Actions.
• Prepare first article reports.
Quality engineering, Corrective action plans, Manufacturing, Corrective actions, Manufacturing process, Manufacturing engineering, Manufacturing industry, Manufacturing quality, Manufacturing environment, Manufacturing equipment design
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Must have engineering degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering)
• Minimum 2-3 years quality engineering experience
• Experience with corrective actions
• Experience working in manufacturing environment
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
• Preferred ASQ Certified Mechanical Inspector
• Background in GD&T
• Solidworks or Polyworks software experience a plus
• Experience with defect analysis and statistically process controls
• Leadership and communication skills to effectively lead and facilitate
• Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams
• Strong time management skills that require little supervision
• Analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.