Unilever Technical Logistics Operator in Jefferson City, Missouri
We are currently seeking a Logistics Operator in Jefferson City, MO, to support our second shift. The incumbent will load/unload trucks, support production, store and maintain raw and packaging inventories. Logistics Operator is also required to operate, maintain, improve and repair equipment within our inbound and outbound areas. Such as our Depalletizer and Palletizer equipment. Work overtime as required. All Company employees must conduct Company business in every instance in accordance with the highest standards of ethical business conduct.
- Actively supports the Plant’s WCM initiative by completing all scheduled training and assigned WCM responsibilities.
- Operates various fork trucks and pallet jacks after certification training, with periodic recertification.
- Operates palletizers and automatic bottle handling/ de-palletizer equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and use of productivity, safety, and informational tools (PCs, RF, JDA, SAP, Impact Sensors, Factory Systems).
- Ability to operate material handling equipment where appropriate (fork truck, pallet jack, sky Jack, deep reach, clamp apparatus, etc).
- Ability to train associates on warehouse systems and programs and document accordingly.
- Ability to use warehouse systems and programs (i.e. Work Orders, B.O.M., locator, etc).
- Handle material issues and returns to and from production process.
- Move materials around Warehouse using SAP.
- Audit materials as part of inventory maintenance.
- Maintain housekeeping and 5-S program in assigned areas.
- Must be able to load and unload trailers properly and safely.
- Must scan, ticket and document finished goods skids correctly.
- Perform all other Duties as assigned.
- Problem solve and troubleshoot automated equipment.
- Plan and Carry out Autonomous Activities in the Warehouse areas.
- Communicate clearly to production team, support staff and supervision both written and verbally.
- Make accurate shift notes, utilize computer systems when appropriate and involve others who have interest in information.
- Receive and understand written and verbal instructions by following through and reacting to information communicated to you by others.
- Ability to follow systematic instructions (e.g., Process chart, SOP, Inventory process, safety procedures, etc.)
- Participate effectively in a team environment by relating positively and in a timely manner to others, including meetings.
- Take the initiative to seek new ways to do things by considering alternative approaches to common problems.
- Ability to perform job unsupervised by making own decisions and taking responsibility.
- Work with the team in the problem-solving process to collect appropriate data, analyze information and reach consensus or recommended solutions.
- Perform primary calculations necessary to record productivity, inventory auditing and complete all transactions in assigned areas.
- Support design and implement improvements to material flow, ergonomics, accessibility and safety.
- Plan, carry out and review Focused Improvement activities to eliminate losses and prevent recurrence. All associates will give oral presentations.
- Reduce costs due to waste and minimize impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste materials.
- Adhere to plant GMP guidelines.
- Coordinate, schedule, and communicate within team to provide break, over time, and vacation coverage to ensure that team resources can meet operational requirements.
- Flexible work schedule. Work shift as assigned and overtime as required.
- Effective computer skills in order to use PC programs, Windows, SAP, Rockwell supervisory system
- Takes initiative to learn new skills, identify opportunities, and problem solve.
- Highly motivated, implicitly trusted and respectful of others.
- Participate effectively in a team environment by relating positively with other team members in order to problem solve and work toward a common goal.
- Perform primary calculations necessary to record productivity, complete product line run outs, and complete all documentation/ measurements required in assigned area.
- Ability to utilize existing OPLs, SOPs, and downtime documentation to troubleshoot.
- Abide by all plant Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) policies.
- Attend all Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) training.
- Work with a positive Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) attitude.
- Serve on a Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) team as assigned.
- Be aware of plant SHE significant aspects.
Promotional Progression: (List and Describe)
- Progressions within the department are based on skills gained, time in department, and performance
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- At least 3 years of warehouse and fork truck experience.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work the second shift (6pm to 6:15am).
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Unilever takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Jefferson City-Jefferson City -2900 W Truman
Shift: Night Job
Unposting Date: Feb-03-2019
Req ID: 18000H6X