Ducommun Production Trainer in Joplin, Missouri
Job Summary & Essential Functions:
Primary function is to provide On the Job Training (OJT) to new hires; provide training to employees who transition to new programs; provide reinstruction and refresher OJT to assist employees with improving quality and performance; identify and capture best practices working with engineering and operations to ensure critical knowledge and skills are documented.
· Provide OJT as required and as indicated above specifically for cable harness assembly or cable processes for braiding, potting and soldering
· Subject matter expert in cable assembly or cable processes including braiding and potting
· Professional and credible resource for new hires for questions and support to assist in the new hire assimilation into the workforce
· Meets all requirements as needed for cable assembly or process operations including all required tasks, certifications (both for production and training), process procedures and other knowledge, skills and abilities required for the Cable Assembler and Solder Operator positions
· Train others to perform cable assembly tasks for highly complex and critical end use applications including defense and government assemblies
· Ensure trainees perform high quality and detailed tasks ensuring high first pass yield and efficiency
· Read and interpret work instructions and process procedures
· Read and understand blueprints and drawings
· Work overtime as required to support operations and training needs
· Completion of all tasks, certifications, procedures, and other knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position as outlined in the position training matrix.
· Assist in maintaining training records, scheduling training and other training administrative tasks as needed
Skills & Qualifications
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
· Must be a US Person for ITAR regulated facilities.
· Must be 18 years of age.
· Must have a High School diploma or GED.
· P refer prior experience in manufacturing environment; prefer hand assembly experience.
· Embrace and promote work behaviors that align with the company core values of honesty, professionalism, respect, trust and teamwork.
· Ability to work and promote safety of oneself and other coworkers. Recognize and communicate unsafe practices to management for continuous improvement of the work environment.
· Dependable and prompt for start of the shift and return from breaks or lunch periods.
· Train others to build in product integrity during assembly the first time to avoid and minimize rework, quality rejects, scrap and late shipments to customer.
· Understand the importance of the programs and products manufacturing which service aerospace and defense markets for military, commercial, government and medical industries.
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands for tasks that require dexterity and tedious requirements, occasionally lift twenty (20) to fifty (50) pounds
· Pass an eye exam for distance and color vision.
· Working Conditions are: 85% manufacturing environment; 15% office environment, 0% outdoors.
· Noise level is moderate in manufacturing environment.
· Hearing protection must be worn in designated manufacturing areas.
· Safety glasses (ANSI Z87 compliant) required in designated manufacturing areas. Fully enclosed shoes must be worn in all manufacturing areas.
· Other PPE, Personal Protective Equipment required as designated.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
1505 Maiden Lane
Joplin, Missouri, 64801