The Diez Group Crane (Overhead) Operator 2nd Shift in Kansas City, Missouri
Crane (Overhead) Operator 2nd Shift
Kansas City, MO (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=400+North+Atlantic+Street+Kansas+City+MO+64116)
The Diez Group Kansas City a tier one manufacturing supplier of blanked material. We are looking for an Overhead Crane Operator to join our team. Your position will focus on safe and efficient set-up, changeover of die’s and movement of safe and efficient Crane Operations throughout the facility.
The Diez Group is a Hispanic owned minority business that believes in on time delivery of high quality products at a competitive price to its customers.
Overhead Crane Operator, will operate a remote overhead crane, hoisting equipment and materials to the appropriate areas to their maximum efficiency and output in a 160,000 sq. foot facility. You must observe workplace safety rules and guidelines. Prior experience in a warehouse environment a plus, and while experience operating an overhead crane is preferred, we are willing to train otherwise motivated applicants. You must be able to interpret written instructions, read basic blueprints and schematics, and stand, crouch, and lift objects throughout a normal shift. Exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
• Operate a remote overhead crane
• Observe all workplace safety rules and regulations
• Move pallets, goods, and other objects to the appropriate areas
• Work and communicate with supervisors to ensure smooth operations
• Plans staffing needs to maintain efficient maintenance coverage
• Participate in and drive continuous improvement projects as assigned
• Manage the repair & maintenance inventory
Other duties as assigned by the Die Maintenance Supervisor.
• Strong technical capacity to perform required repairs / maintenance while following safety protocol
• Professional crane operator certification preferred
• Ability to be licensed to operate powered industrial equipment (hilo, crane, manlift)
• Able to effectively communicate problems, root cause and corrective actions needed to upper management and support staff
• Perform all work in an ethical manner
• Take initiative when you see something that needs fixing, don’t wait for it to break
• Adhere to attendance policy
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job primarily operates in a plant floor environment and required the use of PPE. The job may also require working in a truck lot or office setting. This role routinely uses hand tools and various meters. In addition to standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those essential functions that must be successfully performed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, ascending/descending stairs, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The position also requires being able to operate and be certified / licensed to operate powered industrial equipment such as hilos, manlifts and cranes.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, weekend work and extended hours as required.
This position requires no travel.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma / GED, equivalent training or military equivalent experience required
• Prior experience in the steel / aluminum industry preferred
• Crane operator certification a plus
• Able to pass certification of power industrial equipment (hilo, manlift, crane)
• Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience working with lift trucks, overhead cranes and mobile cranes
• Flexibility to work overtime when necessary
• Excellent coordination, focus and dedication to following safety protocols
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all of the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may be added, deleted, or change at any time with or without notice.