Honeywell Electrical Engineer I in Kansas City, Missouri
Electrical Engineer I
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. This highly visible role will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your technical background and experience. Applies mathematical, physical science, and advanced engineering technologies in accomplishing engineering objectives.
Candidates with greater experience may apply, and may be considered for the next level in the technical job family commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by current business requirements.
Job Duties for the Electrical Engineer I may include:
• Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
• Conducts research and development experiments to resolve complex engineering and quality problems involving highly technical and scientific methods.
• Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporates findings in formal specifications.
• Participates in establishing operating procedures on new products and components.
• Originates, refines, and releases manufacturing or inspection work directions.
• Performs technical support functions to achieve quality, delivery schedules, and cost objectives.
• Defines and recommends new designs, design changes, and alternate designs of instruments, test equipment, tooling, gauging, and equipment.
• Collaborating with external and internal organizations, including design agencies and quality, as needed to determine acceptability of processes and materials.
• Research, applies, and develops innovative methodologies and technologies to resolve processing and design problems.
• Responsible for strategic technical support that may involve longer range and/or complex business objectives in field of expertise.
• Some limited travel may be required< 10%
20 Conducts research and development experiments
20 Writes technical reports
20 Performs technical support functions
20 Collaborating with external and internal organizations
20 Defines and recommends new designs, design changes
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program
- US Citizenship required to obtain and maintain a DOE "Q"-level security clearance
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of microcontrollers and design of embedded digital electronics.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with field programmable gate array (FPGA) design, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with data processing software programing languages including Excel, MATLAB, Python, .NET, C, C++, C#, and Assembly with knowledge of Linux operating system
- Capability with engineering tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electric and magnetic field probes, etc.
- Application of basic engineering techniques to optimize design of products, parts, systems or processes
- Experience in testing, data acquisition, and data analytics
- Capability with engineering software including COMSOL Multiphysics, CST, any PCB design studio (ORCAD, Mentor, Altium), and simulation software (P-Spice, LTSpice, Ansoft etc.).
- Experience developing software test plans and procedures for product qualification
- Familiarity with digital signal processing.
- Understanding of algorithmic conceptualization and implementation
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written and the ability to communicate ideas to other team members and customer representatives of various technical backgrounds
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Demonstrated development and delivery of complex functional product
- Familiarity with US Government Agencies and their Prime Contractors
- Active DOE "Q"-level security clearnace or DOD TS, SCI security clearance
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req160978
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.