Honeywell Engineering Support Specialist - Test Equipment Quality in Kansas City, Missouri
Engineering Support Specialist - Test Equipment Quality
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates on teams to provide quality input for development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of Test Equipment.
- Provides technical assistance to production testing qualification.
- Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding production testers.
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements preventative corrective actions.
- Works with engineers to facilitate online data entry for process characterizations.
- Interacts with customers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues.
- Provides support to engineering during design and qualification processes.
- Utilizes computer skills: use of MS Office applications and other internal software applications (shop floor execution, ERP, CA tracking) to analyze, execute, track and report business results
- Review technical drawings and tester hardware.
- Assist with writing and updating Acceptance Test Plans, Test System Release, Requirements Map Database, and drawing tracker.
- Some travel (< 10%).
- Other duties as assigned.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established Health, Safety, & Environmental (HS&E) requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
25 Provide Support to Engineers
25 Provides technical assistance to production testing qualification
25 Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding qualification tools and audit process
25 Other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- US citizenship needed to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Four (4) or more years' experience in a technical role in a quality or manufacturing auditing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline.
- Experience with programming MS Access and MS Excel.
- Statistical Analysis experience.
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead quality improvement projects.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks.
- Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes.
- Ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead other employees and suppliers to execute plans to meet customer deliverables.
- Knowledge of online data collection systems and demonstrated ability to train system users.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req174140
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.