Honeywell Environmental Test Laboratory Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Environmental Test Laboratory Engineer
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Honeywell is seeking an Environmental Test Laboratory Engineer to coordinate production development testing and equipment and facility management. Environmental Test Engineering engages in component production tests, R&D testing, and consultation for product teams which require vibration, mechanical shock, climatic testing, HALT/HASS, and/or environmental analysis. Responsibilities include: Oversee/perform synthesis, analysis and evaluation of complex tests with multiple factors experienced by product during development and production; Use verbal/written communication and leadership skills to team with customers to resolve production testing issues; Understand and manage different types of environmental testing equipment and lead the technology in technical and business decisions.
Candidates with greater experience credentials may be considered for higher level engineer classifications (Engineer II, III or Engineer Sr) if business requirements warrant.
Summary of Duties:
- Interfaces with internal and design agency customers to translate environmental test requirements into development or sustained production environmental test practice in our E-lab or partner facilities.
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability.
- Provides product testing instructions and consultation with customers to achieve the desired environment for a product, and may assist with interpretation of environmental test results.
- Determines methods and procedures for department wide processes and documents them in written format.
- Communicates effectively to all levels of KCP management and staff, design partners, and customers.
- Monitors subsystem product teams and provides guidance, facilitation and feedback to line management to resolve issues and foster communication.
- Identifies and pursues technology development, manufacturing improvements, innovative methods, and resource sharing to improve quality/productivity, reduce flowtime, and enhance operational surety.
Manages the acquisition of new equipment in all aspects (technical, cost, scope, requirements) to successfully achieve sustained production capability and capacity for test.
25 Interfaces with internal and design agency customers
25 Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs
25 Uses advanced statistical and scientific methods
25 Communicates effectively to all levels of management
YOU MUST HAVE
- US citizenship to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Engineering Mechanics, or Physics from ABET accredited program/university.
- One or more years' experience in environmental testing, HALT/HASS, or environments engineering.
- MS in Engineering from ABET accredited institution.
- Electrical Engineering background preferred.
- Formal training/experience in electronic controls, software related to test systems, and MATLAB coding.
- Experience in mechanical CAD design, fixture design, and especially fixture design for vibration testing products.
- Focused education or training in environmental testing and structural dynamics.
- Relevant NSC experience in engineering, program management, or related technical activities, including basic environmental testing applications.
- Experience in dynamic data acquisition, signal processing, and instrumentation for the measurement of shock and vibration.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Significant experience in a hi-tech manufacturing or design environment.
- Ability to work without supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making, and to provide technical consultation and guidance.
- Existing DOE Q/L security clearance, or DOD Top Secret or Secret security clearance.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req160492
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.