Honeywell Non Destructive Testing Engineer I in Kansas City, Missouri
Non Destructive Testing Engineer I
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
This position involves direct leadership, support, and administration of nondestructive testing (NDT) technologies toward plant R&D and production commitments in an engineering role. The successful candidate will hold an ABET accredited technical degree in Engineering or Physics and have some exposure to one or more NDE technologies listed below.
Early-career Engineers with undergraduate or graduate curriculum exposure to the specified test methods are encouraged to apply.
Note: Candidates with greater experience credentials applying for this position may also be considered for higher level engineer job classifications (Engineer II, Engineer III, Sr. Engineer), commensurate with candidate credentials, as current business requirements and scope of work warrant.
Summary of Duties:
- Development and qualification of nondestructive testing (NDT) techniques and procedures in support of R&D efforts, engineering evaluation, failure analysis, and product realization.
- Preparation of NDE work instructions for development and production use, and ongoing support of those procedures when deployed.
- Development and administration of NDT training and course curriculum for NDT level I and II personnel qualifications.
- Identification and management of projects to further our NDE technologies, including research, equipment procurement, and multi-site collaboration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required (< 10%).
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Technical Documentation
35 Engineering Assistance
10 3d modeling
20 Write specifications
15 Other duties as assigned
You Must Have:
- US citizenship needed in order to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- Bachelors of Science degree in the fields of Engineering or Physics from an ABET accredited university.
- Undergraduate or graduate curriculum exposure to include at least one of the following test methods: Industrial Computed Tomography, Radiography, ultrasonic, Dye Penetrant, Borescope, Magnetic Particle, and Eddy Current.
- Advanced technical degree (MS/Ph.D.) or MBA
- Direct experience or expertise in multiple NDE methods, including radiography, computed tomography, ultrasonic, borescope, penetrant, magnetic particle, and eddy current.
- Proficiency/experience in technical writing, verbal presentation, and management of projects.
- Experience in developing specifications and procurement of capital equipment.
- Proficiency with general computing skills including MS Office suite.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req174945
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.