Honeywell Principal High Voltage/Pulsed Power Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Principal High Voltage/Pulsed Power Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Kansas City National Security Campus (KCNSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T). Honeywell manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. We research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
The Principal High Voltage/Pulsed Power Engineer will conceptualize, design and develop products and systems as part of a highly engaged and integrated engineering team. You will be a key technical focal point across Honeywell engineering teams creating solutions and systems that meet the evolving needs of our customers.
By collaborating with customers and broader engineering teams, you will influence electrical design directions and methodology developments. As an electrical engineering technical expert, you will leverage advanced tools and simulation techniques to deliver high impact business results while acting as a technical leader and coach for other engineers.
Influence the evolution of work processes and standards to ensure exceptional product quality, process designs and new levels of productivity. Be recognized as a technical authority within electrical engineering and foster innovation and efficiency everyday and on every project.
25 Conceptualize, design and develop products and systems
25 Act as a key technical focal point across Honeywell engineering teams
25 Collaborating with customers and broader engineering teams
25 Foster innovation and efficiency everyday and on every project
YOU MUST HAVE
- U.S. Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Seven (7) or more years' experience in Engineering or technical role.
- Four (4) or more years' experience (post-MS) in Pulsed Power Systems including High Power Switching, Pulse Forming Networks, AC/DC and DC/DC Power Conversion, Analog Circuit Design, Magnetics, and/or High Voltage Design (kV to MV)
- Four (4) or more years' experience with engineering tools including multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electric and magnetic field probes.
- Four (4) or more years' experience in testing, data acquisition, and data analytics
- Four (4) or more years' experience with engineering software including, but not limited to: Multiphysics simulation software (COMSOL, CST, etc.), circuit simulation software (P-Spice, LTSpice, Ansoft etc.), and data processing software (MATLAB, Python Scripting, etc.)
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics with emphasis in High Power Electromagnetic Fields.
- 8+ years of experience in industry.
- Experience with prime power drivers (i.e. 480VAC three phase power driven systems).
- Experience with electromagnetic pulse (EMP) phenomena and/or EMI/EMC testing capabilities.
- Capability to advise engineers and train technician staff on concepts related to designing and testing high power, pulsed power systems.
- Familiarity with US Government Agencies and their Prime Contractors.
- Current DOE Q or DOD TS clearance.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written and the ability to communicate ideas to other team members and customer representatives of various technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience developing and delivering complex functional products.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Job ID: req166819
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.