Honeywell Specialist II Engineering Support in Kansas City, Missouri
Specialist II Engineering Support
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The Environmental Test Laboratory has an opening for an Engineering Support Spec II, to coordinate engineering assistant support to Technologists and Engineers. This position requires the ability to work with minimal supervision or engineering oversight, on a variety of moderately complex technical support assignments requiring knowledge of manufacturing, business, and project management processes.
Summary of Duties:
• Serves as Engineering assistant, supporting Test Laboratory daily operations including HOS, HS&E, Technologist training tracking, MES reviews, calibrated equipment, and data archiving.
• Interfacing with Engineering, Technologists, and internal customers to work daily issues and maintain Laboratory readiness requirements.
• Perform review of incoming product paperwork for completeness, and log products into the laboratorywork flowdatabase.
• Performs quality reviews of the administrative sections of formal Work Instructions.
• Clears flags on Addendum Indexes that were generated due to administrative changes to requirements documents.
• Review Laboratory Test Data packages for completeness compared to testing that was completed.
• Ship products internally from the laboratory to the next Operation in the work instructionroutings.
• Implementation of RIDS (Archiving) process for Test Data and Laboratory records.
• Updating Laboratory Process and Equipment Procedures and release in Matrix, at the direction of Engineers and Technologists.
• Facilitate Engineering with Conformance Reports (NCR), Corrective Action Requests (CAR), and any other required documentation.
• Active role in adherence to HS&E Laboratory process and procedures.
• Maintains supply stocks and order laboratory materials and office supplies.
• Prepare and assist in the delivery of training materials and documentation.
• Administrative input and organizational maintenance of the Laboratory Wiki pages.
• Executes the return of Calibrated Equipment to the Metrology Department from the Laboratory recall list.
• Performs as equipment custodian for cameras, data recordersandother Lab equipment.
• Assist in expediting issue resolutions and quality processes needed to getproductoff Hold status in the laboratorywork flow.
• Write Stand Alone Work Orders for Laboratory work when requested.
• Adherence to factory instruction standards as defined in Command Media.
• Gathering and compiling laboratory metrics data and reports.
• Maintain and improve fixture organization and storage/retrieval abilities.
• Communicates effectively (written and verbal) to all levels of KCP management and staff, design partners, and customers.
• Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
25 Support Test Laboratory daily operations
25 Interfacing with Engineering, Technologists, and internal customers
25 Administrative Tasks
25 Maintains supply stocks
You Must Have:
• US Citizenship required to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy 'Q' level security clearance.
• Associate's Degree in business or technical field or 5 years' experience in business or technical field.
• Demonstrated knowledge in KCP systems including MES, Matrix, Command Media, and others.
• Relevant NSC experience in processes and tools used in ISC, AME, and Engineering.
• Project Leadership experience.
• PC literacy in MS office products.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req166416
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.