Honeywell Sr Technical Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
Sr Technical Manager
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
- Confers with staff personnel to plan and resolve technical or administrative problems affecting all facets of production or development projects.
- Using formal business systems drives planning and execution of projects through technical managers, lead staff and others.
- Sets work execution priorities as needed and ensure issues and other critical information is shared and escalated appropriately.
- Consults and coordinates with other managers to formulate solutions for generic technical or administrative problems.
- Plans, evaluates and approves policies and procedures affecting engineering operations and ensures compliance.
- Develops budgets and monitors expenditures for personnel, capital equipment, tooling, expenses, and process development activities to assure compliance with financial plans.
- Participates on committees and task teams established to study strategic long-range projects and to ensure the attainment of established goals.
- Reviews applicable information, metrics, and technical reports to monitor the organization's overall effectiveness and its progress toward continuous improvement, and takes action to address issues identified during such reviews.
- Confers communicates and innovates with design agency counterparts regarding product designs during development and manufacturing related issues during production.
- Plans and implements programs for the career development of personnel within the organization.
- Acts as a facilitator to promote teamwork and excellence in all of the organization's activities.
- Actively manages change.
- Directly supervises employees and performs other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
Ability to travel 10-20%
20 Employee development
20 Ensure robust processes
20 Strategy development
20 Partner with customers
20 Implement standards, processes and tools * You Must Have: *
US Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” Level security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering (ABET accredited), Physics, Science or related technical/scientific field.
- Minimum eight (8) years experience in progressively challenging and accountable engineering roles.
- Minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience.
- Advanced degree in engineering, science or applicable business discipline.
- Leadership experience managing large complex projects with a history of successful outcomes.
- Experience reflective of ability to negotiate, positively influence leaders, and team with peers to drive
- resolution for mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience developing, planning, and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Experience managing and forecasting expense/operating budgets, resource requirements, and
- baseline change management.
- Strong knowledge of internal and external business management tools including ERP,
- DPBPS and EVM.
- Interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation.
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req172414
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.