Honeywell Technician III Engineering - Machining Processes (2nd Shift) in Kansas City, Missouri
Technician III Engineering - Machining Processes (2nd Shift)
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The Technician III Engineering - Machining Processes will fulfill a technical role in the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME)organization by directly supporting the machining departments.Technicians in this position provide support ofhighly technical and advanced manufacturing processes typically requiring specialized qualifications, knowledge, and/or skill. This technologist will assist in developing procedures and processes using various equipment in order to complete tasks. They will support Operations staff in troubleshooting manufacturing issues and supporting process improvements that align with the Honeywell Operating System. They may also develop new processes and procedures and will work closely with Process Engineering in AME. This technologist will also provide technical assistance to the Machinist Training Program and will exercise considerable latitude in determining other technical objectives of assignments in this role.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Setup and operate manual and CNC machining equipment. Equipment includes manual lathes and mills, CNC lathes,mill/turn lathes, 5-axis mills, and other manual and CNC-controlled equipment
- Support shop-floor CMM use and interpret CMM results for process troubleshooting
- Develop gaging and inspection methods including CMM to verify the dimensional acceptability of various mechanicalcomponents
- Provide operations with the first point of engineering contact, work with the responsible engineer to resolve issues if needed
- Support troubleshooting and editing of part programs working with engineering and NC analyst
- Assist in boring soft jaws on lathes and mills
- Troubleshoot tooling needs as required by a machinist
- Assist machinist in machine setup
- Assist machinist in selecting required equipment for job setup (ex: gages, tooling, inserts & etc.)
- Assist in training machinists in machine operation and machine set up when required
- Assist in reviewing and modifying processing with guidance from engineering
- Use CAD software such as ProE/CREO/Solid Works and AutoCAD to create and update work instructions
- Use Solumina software to generate and update work instructions
- Draw or modify visual aids and write engineering work instructions to clarify machine setup and process details.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
- Ability to interface with customers and suppliers. Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Gather, analyze and interpret data. Make recommendations to resolve problems utilizing business, technical andmanufacturing expertise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel,< 10%.
- Conducts work in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensurethe protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafecondition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditionsor actions are identified.
This is a 2nd Shift position, and shift differential is included.
20 Support shop-floor
20 Provide operations a first point of engineering contact
20 Assist machinist in machine setup
20 Assist in training machinists in machine operation and machine setup
YOU MUST HAVE :
- US citizenship is necessary to obtain and maintain the requiredUSDept of Energy “Q” level security clearance needed for this position.
- Associate's Degree
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in machine setup & operation of lathes and mills, including both manual and CNC, with some experience in shop floor editing of NC programs
- Active, valid DOE "Q"-level security clearance
- Existing knowledge of CADCAM software.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience interpreting technical drawings and documents
- Experience as a production machinist ortool maker
- Ability to organize and demonstrate excellent time management and support several projects at once
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing or quality processes and techniques
- AAS degree, certificate for Machine Tool and Technology
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 2nd Shift
- Job ID: req166917
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.