Honeywell Technician III Engineering in Kansas City, Missouri
Technician III Engineering
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Kansas City National Security Campus (KCNSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T). Honeywell manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. We research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Summary of duties:
- Calibration of temperature and humidity devices in Metrology Temp/Humidity Lab, on 2nd Shift.
- Performing environmental testing of standards and IM&TE customer instruments per Metrology calibration procedures.
- Managing workload from database recall lists.
- Using specialized test equipment to collect technical data per customer requests and specific projects.
Some travel required,< 10%.
35 Hands-on Calibration
30 Using specialized test equipment to collect technical data
35 Work directly with internal and external customers
YOU MUST HAVE
- US Citizenship, required to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level security clearance.
- Five (5) or more years' experience in an engineering technician role or technical field.
- Associate's Degree or Certificate in Electrical Engineering or technical field (BSEET preferred).
- Three (3) or more years' experience using spreadsheets and other tools to analyze and interpret data.
- Background in electronics technology, mechanical shock / vibration testing.
- Strong statistical math skills.
- Experience operating complex test equipment, using calibration software, following calibration procedures and manuals.
- Ability to read drawings, electrical diagrams, and schematics.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- 2nd Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req166105
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.