International Paper Forklift Operator in NORTH KANSAS CITY, Missouri
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Load and unload trailers in a safe and timely manner
• Have complete knowledge of the shipping and receiving operations
• Follow proper trailer loading and unloading lock-out/tag-out procedure
• On-the-job success in safety, attendance and quality of work expected.
• Ability to reach and surpass production and department goals.
• Excellent teamwork, cooperation and problem solving skills.
• Responsible for warehouse inventories, daily trailer line-up, billing and housekeeping.
• Bidder will be required to demonstrate the competency requirements for position.
• Willingness to fully cross-train in other areas to enhance capabilities.
• Accurately fill out and submit all necessary paperwork
• Be willing to perform production tasks when needed.
• Ability to do basic math calculations.
• Minor computer skills preferred.
• Other duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor.
• Candidates must have availability to work overtime & Saturdays as needed.
Minimum qualifications for consideration:
· 5 years of forklift, as well as Shipping and Receiving experience. A background as an order picker is preferred.
· Corrugated industry manufacturing environment preferred
· Be able to multitask in a very fast paced environment
· Must be 18 years of age or older
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.