True Manufacturing Project Engineering Co-op in O'Fallon, Missouri
True Manufacturing is seeking a Project Engineering Co-op to join our team from January to August. The Project Engineering Co-op will work with the Process and Project Engineers to provide day to day support for all production lines, perform engineering design projects, and develop and implement production related projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the qualification of manufacturing cells and lines.
- Support beta and proto-type builds.
- Support FPA qualification.
- Work with line managers to meet or exceed safety, quality and production metrics.
- Look for daily line improvements, including justification for both process and capital changes.
- Troubleshoot assembly line issues while working closely with line leaders.
- Document and implement engineering changes.
- Create work instructions, standard work and sequence of events.
- Create and update production area layouts using AutoCAD.
- Create and document templates.
- Complete design projects for multiple process engineers.
- Work independently and in a team environment to complete projects.
- Participate in cross functional teams.
- Investigate and implement projects to continuously improve the manufacturing processes.
- Regular and reliable attendance in the office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at our corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
Must have recently completed or be working towards completion of a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering management or similar field.
A student currently in their junior or senior year is preferred.
Ability to be assertive and diplomatic when interacting with co-workers and factory team members.
- Positive attitude, upbeat, detail oriented, team player and supportive of the direction and policies of the company.
- Ability to think ahead, set daily and weekly goals and create action plans to achieve results.
- Ability to multi-task and follow up on all open issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
The duration of this co-op is January to August, Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen and background check required upon hire.
Since 1945, True has remained steadfast in our mission "To provide a wide range of American-made commercial refrigeration products that exceed industry quality standards at competitive prices." Throughout the years, True has maintained a business strategy focused on innovation and capital investment in updated facilities and state-of-the-art technologies. We are not only interested in a leadership role in the commercial refrigeration industry, but also as a leader and model in efficient, responsible manufacturing worldwide.
Posted: August 24, 2018