True Manufacturing Research & Development Co-op in O'Fallon, Missouri
True Manufacturing is seeking a Research & Development Co-op to join our team from January to August. The Research & Development (R&D;) Co-Op works closely with experienced design engineers to assist with all facets of our refrigeration system and cabinet design. This work can be analytical as well as hands-on building of prototypes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively participates in the New Product Development (NPD) process as the Engineering department representative.
- Develop and manage project schedules related to new and existing product designs.
- Review the overall progress of each project and provide the department manager with a detailed monthly progress report. Ensure on-time project completion.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to assist in launch of products, resolve issues and support product improvements.
- Search for high-quality, lower-cost components and assemblies.
- Design and develop new commercial refrigeration products.
- Identify and supervise the selection of components to meet the design objectives of a product and to maximize component standardization.
- Guide the design and fabrication of all sheet metal parts and assemblies through drafting and the model shop.
- Participate in and guide the detailed construction of prototypes.
- Participate in and review all development testing of new products as assigned.
- Document product designs by preparing bills of material, cost analysis, drawings, and engineering change requests.
- Work with manufacturing to ensure manufacturability of new products.
- Prepare and make submittals to regulatory engineers.
- Draft new product specifications and installation instructions.
- Supply technical support to the Service Department when needed.
- Develop engineering solutions to product related issues through problem solving and root cause analysis techniques as assigned.
- Coordinate project work internally with the department and externally with other departments to ensure on-time completion of projects.
- Work with suppliers to improve quality and resolve product issues.
- Assist manufacturing with product launches and issue resolution as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance in the office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at our corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
- Full-time student, pursuing a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, engineering management or similar field required.
- A student in their junior or senior year is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Positive attitude, upbeat, team player and supportive of the direction and policies of the company.
- Ability to think ahead, set daily and weekly goals, and create action plans to achieve results.
- Ability to multi-task and follow up on all open issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be assertive and diplomatic when interacting with co-workers and factory team members.
The duration of this co-op is January to August, Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen and background check required upon hire.
Since 1945, True has remained steadfast in our mission "To provide a wide range of American-made commercial refrigeration products that exceed industry quality standards at competitive prices." Throughout the years, True has maintained a business strategy focused on innovation and capital investment in updated facilities and state-of-the-art technologies. We are not only interested in a leadership role in the commercial refrigeration industry, but also as a leader and model in efficient, responsible manufacturing worldwide.
Posted: August 24, 2018