True Manufacturing Sheet Metal Operations Co-op in O'Fallon, Missouri
Sheet Metal Engineer
True Manufacturing is seeking a Sheet Metal Operations Co-op to join our team from January to August. This position will involve performing research and collecting data to assist in the identification of process improvement opportunities. Assistance in providing and developing reports for the management team to help make decisions will also be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the implementation of production process or equipment changes.
- Collect, update and distribute weekly machine and department operational reports.
- Design requested equipment using 2D or 3D software.
- Submit drawing modification requests.
- Assist Sheet Metal Department team members with various projects and tasks as needed.
- Assist department manager and assistant manager with data entry, reporting and various tasks as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance in the office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at our corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
- Full time student, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar field required.
- A student in their junior or senior year is preferred.
- Strong time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Positive, collaborative, and open-minded attitude.
- Self-motivated, responsible and ambitious.
- Ability to apply good judgment and make decisions independently.
- Effective, professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Can represent themselves, the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
The duration of this co-op is January to August, Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen and background check required upon hire.
Since 1945, True has remained steadfast in our mission "To provide a wide range of American-made commercial refrigeration products that exceed industry quality standards at competitive prices." Throughout the years, True has maintained a business strategy focused on innovation and capital investment in updated facilities and state-of-the-art technologies. We are not only interested in a leadership role in the commercial refrigeration industry, but also as a leader and model in efficient, responsible manufacturing worldwide.
Posted: August 24, 2018