True Manufacturing Systems Tooling and Automation Team (STAT) Co-op in O'Fallon, Missouri
System Tool Automation
True Manufacturing is seeking a Systems Tooling and Automation Team (STAT) Co-op to join our team from January to August. This position will involve performing research and collecting data to assist in the identification of process improvement opportunities. Team members will be providing and developing reports for the management team to help make decisions with the design and fabrication of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Shadow STAT team members for a pre-determined amount of time to better understand roles and responsibilities throughout the department.
- Assist in the implementation of production process or equipment changes.
- Design requested equipment using Solidworks software.
- Assist machinists and technicians with any needs associated to their project.
- Utilize shop equipment to complete machining and fabrication tasks as requested.
- Actively participate in team discussions concerning project planning, scheduling and status.
- Assist Supervisor, Department Manager and Assistant Manager with shop organization and cleanliness projects and tasks.
- Regular and reliable attendance in the office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at our corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
- Full time undergraduate student, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering or similar field required.
- A student in their junior or senior year is preferred.
- Basic knowledge and use of machining equipment, such as drill presses, grinders, lathes, band saws as well a high level of capability with the use of basic hand tools.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Positive, collaborative, and open-minded attitude.
- Self-motivated, responsible and ambitious.
- Ability to apply good judgment and make decisions independently.
- Effective and professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Can represent themselves, the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
The duration of this co-op is January to August, Monday through Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen and background check required upon hire.
Since 1945, True has remained steadfast in our mission "To provide a wide range of American-made commercial refrigeration products that exceed industry quality standards at competitive prices." Throughout the years, True has maintained a business strategy focused on innovation and capital investment in updated facilities and state-of-the-art technologies. We are not only interested in a leadership role in the commercial refrigeration industry, but also as a leader and model in efficient, responsible manufacturing worldwide.
Posted: August 24, 2018