True Manufacturing Tool and Die Maker Apprentice in O'Fallon, Missouri
System Tool Automation
O'Fallon, MO, USA
The Tool and Die shop works closely with engineering to design and manufacture sheet metal stamping dies, fixtures, specialized equipment and custom machinery. The Tool and Die Maker Apprentice program is an eight year employment commitment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Employee will complete a two (2) year Precision Machining Technology program at Southwestern Illinois College, Ranken Technical College or another source and a four (4) year Tool and Die Apprenticeship Program at True, which includes NIMS Credentialing and independent study with NTMA-U.
- As a condition of obtaining the financial benefits of this program, Employee agrees to continue to work for True in its Tool and Die department for a two (2) year period ("Employment Commitment") following completion of the Apprenticeship Program.
- Assist Tool and Die Makers to build progressive and single hit metal stamping dies.
- Assist Tool and Die Makers to diagnose die and fixture problems and make necessary repairs.
- Fabricate and assemble various fixtures and templates.
- Participate in the tool and fixture design process.
- Interpret blueprints and use necessary tools and measuring equipment to fabricate, repair, sharpen or modify new or existing tooling.
- Work to close tolerance detail drawings and to collaborate with CNC and Wire EDM team members to produce needed die components and tooling.
- Submit requisitions for supplies as needed and to maintain a clean, safe and organized work area
- Maintain Tool Room equipment, check in supplies and tooling, general shop housekeeping, etc.as directed by the Tool Room Supervisor.
- Regular and reliable attendance in the factory/office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at our corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
- Must be working towards or have completed a certificate from a college, technical school, or other educational program in a machining program, while maintaining a minimum of a “B” average in the program.
- NIMS certifications is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with typical Tool and Die shop machinery including surface grinders, milling machines, lathes, and drill presses.
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with office and factory team members.
- Strong time management, prioritization, multi-tasking, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Positive, collaborative, and open-minded attitude.
- Self-motivated, responsible and requires minimal direction.
- Ability to apply good judgment and make decisions independently.
- Effective professional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Can represent themselves, the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
The hours for this position are 5:40am - 4:10pm, Monday through Thursday.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contingent on company paid background check and physical.
Since 1945, True has remained steadfast in our mission "To provide a wide range of American-made commercial refrigeration products that exceed industry quality standards at competitive prices." Throughout the years, True has maintained a business strategy focused on innovation and capital investment in updated facilities and state-of-the-art technologies. We are not only interested in a leadership role in the commercial refrigeration industry, but also as a leader and model in efficient, responsible manufacturing worldwide.
Posted: January 3, 2019