Northrop Grumman Assembler 1 in Saint Charles, Missouri
Northrop Grumman - Cutting Edge Optronics (CEO) is looking for a highly motivated Assembler for wafer processing. The Semiconductor Wafer Fabrication Technician performs operations associated with the fabrication of semiconductor laser wafers. All work takes place in a team-oriented, mobile phone-free, fragrance-free cleanroom. Responsibilities are subject to change dependent upon your personal experience/strengths and specific needs of Cutting Edge Optronics.
• Perform wafer production operations including photolithography, wet and dry etching, and metallization.
• Measure and inspect wafers using a microscope, profilometer, and/or ellipsometer.
• Handle chemicals used in the production process, including sulfuric acid, hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid
• Mount and thin wafers using a slurry-based lapping and polishing equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Excellent fine motor skills, including the ability to handle small, fragile materials using a vacuum wand or tweezers
• Comfortable wearing full cleanroom attire and working under yellow lighting
• Good oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to follow written operational procedures
• Willingness and capability to learn new tasks
• Six months to one year of relevant experience and/or training.
• 2-year technical associate's degree
• Experience with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production