Natoli Engineering Process and Production Engineer in Saint Charles, Missouri
Summary of Position:
Evaluate existing manufacturing process and configure those process to optimize efficiency and reduce costs. In addition to process already in place, the individual will design, test and run new manufacturing process to improve overall plant operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Trained in Lean and Kaizen Principles
Qualifications and requirements
Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a tooling shop preferred
- Working Conditions: Office and Shop Environment. Air conditioned, machinery noises.
- Physical Effort: Standing, walking, climbing, pushing/pulling, grasping, kneeling, squatting, bending, twist/turn, reach above shoulder.