Silgan Containers Corporation Plant Production Planner in SAINT JOSEPH, Missouri
Are you looking to grow your career? Silgan Containers is the largest supplier of metal food containers in the United States. We are looking for a Production Planner at our St. Joseph, MO location!
Responsible for Material Requirements Planning (MRP) in a multi-line, high-paced manufacturing facility. Monitors and maintains finished product inventories to meet customer requirements.
Additional duties include :
· Establish and coordinate the Plant’s production scheduling activities while supplying material to several external locations
· Monitors capacity availability/requirements and makes adjustments to the production plan/schedule
· Interface closely with Plant Supervision, Sales Department, and external locations
· Maintain inventory control levels, FIFO policy adherence
· Familiarity with all distribution functions and supply chain functions from order entry to consignee delivery
· Responsible for forecasting, developing business models and 12-month budget processing
· Develop and publish daily, weekly, monthly and annual line schedules
· Maintain MRP2 systems
· Initiate changes in Can Standards when required, and monitor changes through Standards Group
· Develop and prepare weekly manpower schedules for hourly workforce
· Participates in physical inventories
· Other projects and duties as assigned
Education – High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree or higher in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
Experience – Sufficient experience (generally 3 years or more) so as to demonstrate complete knowledge of inventory management practices, accounting procedures and computer proficiency
Required Skills – Demonstrated computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Applied knowledge of basic accounting concepts. Ability to read, write and comprehend various forms, reports, handbooks and manuals. JD Edwards AS400 experience.
Preferred Skills – MRP software experience. Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 11588