1904labs Human-Centered Designer in Saint Louis, Missouri
About Us Interested in working for a human-centered technology company who prides itself on using modern tools and technologies? Want to be surrounded by intensely curious and innovative thinkers? Seeking to solve complex technical challenges by building products that work for people, meet and exceed the needs of businesses, and work elegantly and efficiently?
Modeling ourselves after the 1904 World’s Fair, which brought innovation to the region, 1904labs is seeking top technical talent in St. Louis to bring innovation and creativity to our clients.
Our clients consist of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies headquartered here in St. Louis. We partner with them on complex projects that range from reimagining and refactoring their existing applications, to helping to envision and build new applications or data streams to operationalize their existing data. Working in a team based labs model, using our own flavor of #HCDAgile, we strive to work at the cutting edge of technology’s capabilities while solving problems for our clients and their users.
The Role As a Human-Centered Designer you will assist in creating user experiences for a variety of software products. We build cloud-based software, data engineering, and decision science software and solutions for our clients in a variety of areas, including geospatial/mapping tools, financial tools, healthcare solutions, and big data analytics.
Our Human-Centered Design role is a synthesis of HCD/UX research and design. You will demonstrate proficiency in both aspects of the role. You may specialize in user research, visual design, or interaction design; but you are able to leverage all of your own and your teammates’ skills and abilities to help drive research-informed design into products.
You'll work in an Agile environment, and will be embedded with developers to define and deliver new solutions for our clients. You’ll work closely with members of the delivery team to translate concepts into living, breathing code. You will iterate on interactions, informed by data, to deliver a superior user experience.
Requirements • BS degree in IT-related field or equivalent practical experience
• 5 years of experience designing and developing websites, applications, and other user experiences
• Fluency with wireframing tools
• Fluency with interactive prototyping tools
• Qualitative and quantitative research skills and experience, including the ability to conduct requirements gathering, prototype evaluations, and other user research methods
• Agile or Lean knowledge and experience
• Portfolio of design and/or research artifacts
• Excellent team skills (communication, collaboration)
• Consulting experience preferred
Perks • Standard Benefits Program (medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), professional development and education assistance, PTO)
• Innovation Time - we allow 10% of your time to be devoted to innovation hours. This time can be used to foster individual ideas, personal projects, start up ideas, improve an open source tool or for career advancement and self-education. All during traditional working hours.
• Dress Code - we don't have one.
This role is located in St. Louis, MO. While we would prefer local candidates your current location is not the most important factor; please help us understand why you would like to call St. Louis home if you would be relocating.
Some travel may be required; please indicate in your application how much travel you are open to (%age)