Aerotek Senior Controls Engineer in Saint Louis, Missouri
The Senior Controls Engineer will lead all aspects of scoping, development, implementation and support of Electrical and Control Systems designs and commissioning efforts, programming and integration solutions for capital projects. You will provide Technical assistance and support to all Factories and provide quality control of delivered design drawing packages and process control programming software solutions. The travel for this position will vary based on business needs and is estimated between 15 and 30% travel.
You’ll be at the center of it all — and not just because our team sits in the bustling area on the company's Headquarters' campus in St. Louis. This is where you’ll feel the energy of what we do every day. Our people are our most important asset and – true to our culture – we believe investing in our talent is the most worthwhile investment in our shared future together.
• Provide corporate representation for capital projects to drive electrical and control systems design, automation programming and implementation initiatives and standards.
• Serve as the liaison for project details and information, seek to leverage capital projects to meet automation and technical vision.
• Define, scope, schedule, develop, and coordinate automation electrical and control systems projects of varying sizes and importance with appropriate supervision from conception through completion.
• Interact with factory leadership, plant personnel and various corporate teams to obtain input required to provide customer accepted product.
• Working knowledge of PLC controls systems and Industrial networking.
• Competency in Instrumented Systems specification and design.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge (or understanding) of machine safety standards
• Provide technical guidance to internal and external integration resources.
controls systems, manufacturing, Plc programming, Electrical engineering, controls engineering, controls system design, capital projects, capital manufacturing, capex, PLC control systems, plc control, plc controls, design
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
• 7+ years’ experience with controls systems design in a manufacturing environment
• Good working knowledge of PLC control systems required
• 3+ years’ experience managing large capital projects
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.