Capstone Logistics Freight Handler Road Crew in Springfield, Missouri
Capstone is creating an elite team of travel support members that are willing to travel to other locations within the United States to support our new business development growth and client seasonal support needs
What are the benefits of traveling for Capstone?
- Associate Travel pay of, $15-$19/hr., plus overtime!
- We pay for your food so you don't have to! ($25 per day food allowance)
- Travel & Hotel Expense paid in full by the company.
- Opportunity to travel to different parts of the country and see it on your days off!
- Opportunity to meet and work with other team members of Capstone from other locations around the United States.
- Enhance your opportunity to grow with our company when opportunities on a supervisory / management are communicated & posted internally or within the network of our locations!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for selecting freight via Voice and or unloading freight from various trucking companies manually or with powered equipment at assigned location at the direction of the Supervisor and/or Site Manager.
- Maintain proper safety procedures and operations
- Associate is responsible for selecting freight and maintaining productivity in a fast pace environment
- Associate must be able to work in cold environments at times (Freezer Docks)
- Associate must be able to operate an electric pallet jack and forklift in a safe manner
- At times the associate is responsible for the unloading and breaking down of freight at an adequate pace when working as an unloader
o Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Minimum of 2 years warehouse experience required
- Minimum 2 years experience operating a forklift / EPJ required
- Minimum 1 year of experience selecting via Voice Pick (VoCollect)
- Move up 50-75 pounds continuously
- Safely perform all required physical job duties
- Read instructions, numbers and write clearly and concisely in English
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug-screen and criminal background check.
Must be willing to travel within 24 hours notice or less, and extended periods of time. Projects may last from 2 weeks -- 6+ months. When not on the road work could be available at local Capstone location.
In September 2011, LMS Intellibound (LMS) and Progressive Logistics Services (PLS) announced that the companies would merge to form Capstone Logistics, LLC. National Freight Handlers (NFH), a subsidiary of LMS, is also part of the combined company.
In June 2015, Capstone acquired Pinnacle Workforce Logistics to create the undisputed leader in Supply Chain Services providing performance workgroup solutions for distribution and manufacturing.
Capstone brings best of breed management at all levels of operations and industry best practices for performance. Unlike smaller competitors, Capstone offers a full spectrum of value-add services including process engineering expertise, professional field management, value added reporting, technology integration and support, consistent operating protocols, well-trained associates, safety expertise and a national footprint.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled