Benson Industries, Inc. R&D Engineer in St. Charles, Missouri
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated R&D; Engineerwho reviews modular and manufactured housing customer specifications for building components, creates and reviews parameters, makes corrections and prepares drawings for review and certification. This position reports to the Research & Development Manager and is located in the Fountain Lakes office in St. Charles, Missouri
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Review drawings for the manufactured housing industry as needed.
- Reviews modular and manufactured housing customer specified parameters for building components.
- Creates and reviews parameters against engineering standards.
- Modifies designs for compliance with applicable engineering codes and standards.
- Makes corrections and prepares drawings to be presented to the Professional Engineers (PEs) for review and certification.
- Discusses design modifications and reviews appropriate design methodologies with customers.
- Assists customers in troubleshooting issues and design problems.
- Discusses projects with Supervisor or Engineers for compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Design field repairs on components.
- Review and understand applicable test standards.
- Develop and refine test plans for R&D; projects.
- Discuss project parameters and methodologies with stakeholders.
- Collect and analysis test data, report results, and make recommendations.
- Good understanding of Statics and Strengths of Materials.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Technical Skills: Must have solid engineering/technical skills, including attention to detail.
- Safety: Must have an outstanding safety record and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Monitor own work to ensure quality. Apply feedback to improve performance. Look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity: Meet productivity standards without diminishing quality of work. Strive to increase productivity. Work at keeping waste down. Complete work in a timely manner.
- Dependability: Take responsibility for own action. Follow instructions, responds to management directions.
- Initiative: Readily volunteers. Undertake self-development activities. Seek increased responsibilities. Take independent action. Ask for and offer assistance whenever needed.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
- Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school): Required
Entry Level or greater
CAD software. MS Office suite of products.
College degree in Civil Engineering or other related Engineering field. Strong skills in algebra, trigonometry, physics, statistics and strength of materials is required.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard To race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.**
Tracking Code: P11368
Job Location: St. Charles, Missouri, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular