GKN Aerospace Chief Manufacturing Engineer, Advance Programs - St Louis, MO in St Louis, Missouri
Chief Manufacturing Engineer, Advance Programs - St Louis, MO
Apply now »
Date:Jun 8, 2021
Location: St Louis, MO, US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Chief Manufacturing Engineer is a leadership role responsible for manufacturing definition and ME related activties within a program or value stream.
1) Responsible for delivering a manufacturing system definition that fulfils all requirements including;
2) Quality, H&S, design, producibility, business case etc.
3) the deployment of Lean tools for manufacturing and business processes
4) Introduction of new technology
5) all process / test requirements relating to the manufacturing system including
6) capability of the process and/or equipment
7) Accountable to meet the M.E. metrics (including Product safety, Quality and Delivery to Cost (NRC & RC))
8) Product development – selection of capable manufacturing processes including;
9) supporting Make v Buy & supplier selection
10) Is the technical interface with the nominated supply chain (from an M.E. standpoint)
11) Ensure adherence to all applicable Quality processes and procedures including;
a. all regulatory laws and guidelines are complied with
12) Responsible for defining the M.E. resource and schedule profiles required to ensure program completion on time / budget including;
13) Management the M.E. team and interfacing with the PM, IPT team and Customer
14) Ensure all M.E. related reviews (internal & external) are completed to schedule and that the inputs / outputs are managed to the defined process
15) Support the Chief Engineers on their technical reviews (internal & external) where required
16) Act as the M.E. point of contact internally & externally (with customers & supply chain)
17) Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance.
18) Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline.
• 10 years of manufacturing experience in composite part fabrication or composite/metallic assembly
• 5 years of experience in project management of aerospace parts in a manufacturing environment.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance.
• U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
Additional Experience and Qualifications:
• Active DOD Secret Clearance preferred
• Excellent customer relations skills including oral and written communications, presentations, and relationship development.
• Experience with aerospace
• Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.