Honeywell Electrical Controls Engineer II in St. Louis, Missouri
Electrical Controls Engineer II
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Intelligrated is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer to join our growing team based out of the St. Louis MO office. A Controls Engineer at Intelligrated is a self-motivated professional who is passionate about automated control systems, and strives to be at the leading edge of control system technology. They are responsible for being the primary electrical and PLC control system owner for an assigned project. An Intelligrated Controls Engineer also has the opportunity to lead and mentor some of the best and brightest in our industry while driving the technological choices behind complex automated control systems.
In this role, the Controls Engineer will have the following primary responsibilities:
Conceptualize, design, engineer, and execute Palletizer Modification projects from Start to Finish
Design / Modify VFD and PLC control Panels using ACAD Electrical
Program Palletizer modification solutions
Allen Bradley, Modicon, and Siemens
Allen Bradley, Schneider, Siemens, and Wonderware
VFD’s / Servo’s
Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, andSchneider
Define and purchase electrical devices including sensors, VFDs, and PLC components.
Develop complete and concise Machine Description of Operation for the palletizer Modification, Installation Instructions, and Machine manual supplement.
Interface with Industry leading customers
Deliver successful Palletizer solutions to the customer by developing and implementing detailed commissioning plans.
Attends all project related turnover meetings, functional design reviews, and team meetings.
Reviews and understands scope, budgets, and schedules for the project.
Reviews initial project schedule and identify gaps or changes needed.
Maintains and tracks issues list, reporting to Supervisor / Manager as required.
Performs PLC Code reviews.
Completes all in-house testing and emulation.
Provides site / field reports daily, including progress, issues, and next steps as requested.
WHO WE ARE
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading single-source provider of intelligent automated material handling solutions that drive fulfillment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world.
Honeywell Intelligrated designs, manufactures, integrates and installs complete material handling automation solutions including conveyor, sortation, palletizers, robotics and automated storage and retrieval systems – all managed by advanced machine controls and software.
From concept to integration to Lifecycle Support Services (LSS), Honeywell Intelligrated delivers dependable, sustained distribution and fulfillment success, and maximum return on investment.
Come join a team recognized for leadership, innovation, diversity, and growth!
55 Execute controls and electrical engineering
25 Implement projects in the field
10 Collaborate with engineering teams
5 Ensure product and project compliance
5 Prepare or update documentation
YOU MUST HAVE
· Associate's Degree or Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related
· Microsoft Office experience
· UL, NEC, and NFPA 70E knowledge
· AutoCAD electrical experience
· Allen Bradley, Modicon, or Siemens PLC experience
· 3 – 5 years of PLC experience / automation programming
o Palletizer and field Experience is a PLUS
· Safety control system experience
o CMSE or Functional Safety certified is a plus
· Fieldbus knowledge (Profibus, EthernetIP, ControlNet etc.)
· A valid driver’s license
· Willingness to travel up to 30%, work nights and/or weekends
· Deep understanding of electrical engineering standards and specifications.
· Capability to complete demanding assignments by applying advanced electrical engineering methods and tools
· Ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver optimal solutions
· Clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a non-technical audience
· Capability to follow guidelines and ensure efficiency on given project tasks
· Excellent computer literacy
· Ability to focus on essential information and identify key details
· Ability to quickly analyze, incorporate and apply latest information and concepts
· Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
· Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done and do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD38294
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9301 Olive Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.