Federal Reserve Bank Facilities Mechanical Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas with branches in Little Rock, Louisville and Memphis. The St. Louis Fed’s most critical functions include: promoting stable prices and economic growth, fostering a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
The **Facilities Mechanical Engineer is a member of the Facilities Planning, Design and Construction team that is responsible for the oversight of construction services for offices located throughout The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis’ district. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the development of engineering solutions, cost and schedule estimates, preliminary designs and construction feasibility analysis associated with initial development and budgeting of facilities projects. Upon project authorization oversee detailed design, drawing preparation, prepare specifications for equipment and construction contracts, finalize cost and schedule estimates and lead in the planning and coordination of projects as required. Provide technical assistance to other groups as necessary and overall project management as assigned.
Work collaboratively with Bank leadership, Facilities team members and other Bank stakeholders to ensure seamless project integration and construction.
Accountable for overall project performance; monitor and control of project activities through day-to-day interaction with contractors and consultants to ensure quality standards are met and the project is delivered on time and within budget, while meeting all project specifications.
Responsible for contracting process, selection of design consultants, vendors and construction contractors as necessary for each project.
Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
Oversee commissioning process of all District heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC).
Provide essential technical evaluation of on-going maintenance and engineering operations to insure efficiency and continuity, to include evaluation of analytics and identification of issues from control systems.
Provide an ongoing evaluation of all existing District Mechanical Systems and backup systems, to include coordination of preventive maintenance through in-house or contract services, in order to insure continuity and maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Access Bank building automation systems to identify trends, create reports and insure that all systems are operating at maximum efficiency, effectiveness and continuity. Provide written and electronic data to support energy usage messaging within the District.
Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identify trends and determine system improvements.
Develop design guidelines and standard operating procedures for HVAC/plumbing related equipment.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or commensurate experience.
- 5 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- PMP Certification or ability to obtain PMP
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience in commercial building HVAC, plumbing, piping and mechanical system design preferred.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE, International Mechanical Code (IMC) and International Energy Conservation Code (IECC).
- Ability to lead and manage multiple priorities and operate in a faced paced environment with tight completion time frames.
- Comfortable making difficult decisions, a drive for results orientation and able to apply sound fiscal policy and accountability with both internal and external constituents
- Strong team leadership and outstanding interpersonal skill with ability to influence at all level of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with work scheduling techniques, tools, and software.
- Ability to work extended hours as required based upon project assignments.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize effectively, problem solve and to work several tasks concurrently.
- Technical knowledge and ability to read construction drawings and specifications
Travel (15%) Ranked as a Top Workplace, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, as well as cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems, and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence thrive. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site .
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Title: Facilities Mechanical Engineer
Location: MO-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 257123