Honeywell Mechanical Design Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
Mechanical Design Engineer
Honeywell Intelligrated is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join its growing team in St Louis!
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Mechanical Design Engineer for Honeywell Intelligrated St. Louis Conveyor Product Group selects and designs a combination of standard and special conveyor equipment to satisfy the requirements of customer projects. The equipment consists primarily of pallet conveyor, along with some special case conveyor.
Plan, schedule and execute product and project tasks including: application evaluation, Bill of Material generation, assembly drawings, detail drawings, equipment ordering, troubleshooting, testing and validation.
Interact with Product Managers, Engineers, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Vendors, and Customers.
Contribute to the team effort in all aspects as required and called upon within the engineering function from pre-order evaluation of the specifications through post order job site evaluations, with the main emphasis on (standard and special) equipment design evaluations to meet/exceed the customers’ expectations.
Maintain/upgrade the equipment designs for the standard conveyor product lines.
Adapt standard equipment designs and/or develop new designs to satisfy special project requirements.
Participate in product and system design reviews.
Adhere to and validate project specifications while maintaining as sold scope.
Monitor and work from project task list and timelines; report progress on a regular basis
20 Technical documentation
20 Mechanical Parts design and support
20 Component and system analysis
20 Engineering support
20 Technical reporting
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum five (5) years mechanical design experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technical knowledge of material handling principles, and experience with a variety of (pallet and case) material handling applications
- Highly proficient using Solidworks, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office software
- Knowledge of basic design practices for materials (steel, aluminum, plastic), machining tolerances, weld types, surface finishes, fastening hardware types and grades and sheet metal fabrication
- Excellent comprehension of spatial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge and experience with
Drive components including motors, gear reducers, bearings, chain and timing belt drives
- Pneumatic components including valves, cylinders, and regulators
- Calculating forces on load bearing members
- Sensor types including photoelectric, proximity, and sonic
- Knowledge and experience with strength of materials
- Knowledge of machinery design safety practices
- Excellent mathematical skills required for analysis of formulas and calculations
- Knowledge of equipment controls and applications as it relates to the mechanical system
- Organizational skills required to monitor and report on numerous product quality, improvement, and new development projects simultaneously
- Some travel occasionally required along with willingness to perform hands on investigation. Ability to perform basic disassembly/assembly tasks using hand tools.
- Industrial design talent
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- An open, honest and team oriented personality
- Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
- Experience developing products and sustaining existing products
- Some experience in a highly regulated or safety critical domain
Exempt Discover Honeywell Intelligrated
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD33095
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 9301 Olive Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.