Express Scripts Process Improvement Senior Manager, Service Reliability in St. Louis, Missouri
This position will provide direction and manage operations to identify and capture root cause and effective preventative measures for client and member issues. This role is responsible for mentoring in the development of continuous improvements that drive reduction of issues and financial risk. This position will be a key resource for training, mentoring and developing change agents. This person will manage cross-functional strategic projects, including providing content/idea creation and supporting project planning and execution.
- Establish & continue to enhance business processes to promote & support effective root cause identification & preventative measures
- Establish key success metrics for business processes and monitor them regularly and meet with team members to support on-going alignment of performance
- Align, develop, and train on core principles regarding root cause and preventative measures
- Deliver training to internal team and cross-functional resources as needed to continue to develop Change Agents
- Work with cross-functional business partners to identify key issue trends and provide visibility to leadership to support discussion and additional preventative measures to reduce key issue trends
- Work with Business Product Owner (BPO) to align on system needs to ensure effective system tools to support processes
- Regularly align with key business partners on process and system changes they are implementing and/or have in the pipeline to ensure appropriately integrated into processes
- Support periodic data analysis to assess health of operations
- Provide business direction and project management for strategic and tactical projects
- Defines project scope, deliverables, work plans and decisions and manages to deadlines
- Ensures project delivers business operational needs and requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or relevant experience years relevant experience or Master’s degree with 5-10 years relevant experience
- Strong understanding & proven ability to drill down to root cause, evaluate effective controls, and drive process improvement
- Foundational project management skills including the ability to clearly and openly communicate status, issues/risks, and action plans to address risks & challenges to project
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Windows in a work environment
- Proven critical & strategic thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Ability to perform data analysis and summarize findings
- Ability to use data to support proposal of potential solutions
- Ability to travel as needed
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran