Express Scripts Senior Manager, Technical Operations in St. Louis, Missouri
The Senior Manager, Technical Operations must provide leadership, support and strategic direction to the QA team members. Work in coordination with all business partners to mitigate risk of client benefit setup accuracy and ensure overall customer satisfaction. Work with management to monitor metrics, analyze operations and efficiency of QA team, recommend process improvements and drive improvement. Scope includes, but may not be limited to router, benefits, formulary, clinical, MSC, VAX, PM, rebates, billing and reporting. The Senior Manager, BV Technical Operations must be able to multitask, be detail oriented and view issues objectively. Must possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable consulting with all levels of the business. Act as a consultant to leadership and internal/external clients as it relates to all components of the Quality Control team responsibilities.
- Participate and lead cross-functional initiatives that support benefit setup accuracy.
- Identify repetitive questions and/or problems and recommend process improvements.
- Drive and implement change initiatives.
- Oversee/Facilitate cross-functional communications, meetings and projects to define scope and objectives, develop project plan and design.
- Review and track status of projects and report to management.
- Create, define and document operational process and procedures.
- Manage and develop team members completing complex and strategic work duties.
- Work to develop employee’s skills, evaluate performance, provide feedback and oversee resolution of employee relation’s issues.
- Mentor team members to improve their understanding and skills and keep them motivated.
- Act as a liaison for other operational departments to research and resolve client issues.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of understanding.
- Serve as focal point for client regarding testing processes.
- Work with Director on budget planning and strategic direction.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience.
- 8-12 years relevant experience or Master’s degree with 6-10 years relevant experience.
- PC skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions.
- Experience in managing large scale business processes.
- Experience in training and coaching less experienced staff.
- Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relation issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively influence others.
- Proven ability to manage timelines, meet deadlines and balance multiple priorities.
- Ability to work cross functionally to resolve complex client issues.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, be on call to accommodate business needs.
- Understanding of ESI operations, systems, products and services is helpful.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Clinical Research & New Solutions department, which is housed in our state-of-the-art lab, is responsible for developing and managing programs and services that allow our 83 million members to make better drug, pharmacy and health choices. Rooted in health decision science, this department includes Knowledgeable Solutions, Customer Solutions, Consumer Solutions, Research & New Solutions and Clinical Services.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran