Express Scripts UX Researcher in St. Louis, Missouri
The UX Researcher uses intermediate knowledge and experience to participate in analytical, experimental, investigative and other technical fact-finding work in support of scientists and/or engineers engaged in product development in the social science field; receiving a moderate level of guidance.
- Perform basic theoretical and experimental scientific and technological investigation toward the acquisition of new knowledge (e.g. moderating interviews, usability, focus groups, contextual evaluations, diary studies; design and program surveys).
- Prepare comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of results including technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Archive results, and maintain research recruiting database (e.g. locating data sources, communicating with internal teams with regard to compliance, reporting).
- Support senior researchers to develop research plans and recruitment criteria. Schedule and compensate research participants, communicate participant profiles to researchers.
- Conduct literature reviews (using academic and non-academic sources), and present activities, findings, and conclusions to team.
- Work closely with various stakeholders (e.g. product, design, development) to produce high quality, innovative designs that leverage research insights; providing solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2-5 years of related experience, or Master’s Degree with 0-2 years of related experience or 8-11 years of related experience.
- Training in psychology, anthropology, human factors, HCI, market research, or a similar discipline and an interest in applying that training to product design and/or service delivery.
- Proficient in MS Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; written and verbal communication skills for research communication and design recommendations
- Knowledge of social science research methods (e.g. usability, surveys, observation), qualitative and quantitative data analysis, foundational statistics
- Training in psychology, anthropology, human factors, HCI, market research, or a similar discipline and an interest in applying that training to product design and/or service delivery
- Ability to find internal resources and establish processes
- Ability to handle challenging research recruits in a professional manner
- Learns quickly and solves problems
- Skills in project management and organization are key in identifying internal stakeholders to drive new process creation and awareness.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Responsible for enhancing our digital user experience through research, design, content and technology, we work with teams across the organization to create holistic and meaningful experiences for members. A passionate group of highly skilled UX specialists, we have expertise ranging from design to taxonomy, content, front-end development and usability. Our focus is on defining and creatively addressing the needs of our clients and patients, and building an amazing digital experience. Bring your expertise to an organization that is not just improving experiences – but patients’ lives at the same time.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran