WindStream Communications Engineer I-OSP in Vandalia, Missouri
Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.
About the Role:
Windstream’s team of Outside Plant Engineers I/II connects consumer and small business partners to our leading telecommunications products across the United States. In this role you will work to create meaningful connections with customers and build long-term relationships. By analyzing a variety of data, you will solve complex problems for our business and residential customers utilizing copper cable, fiber cable, and electronics.
What You’ll Do:
- Engineer/Design Outside plant facilities including fiber and copper
- Assist in the planning, analysis, design and engineering of outside plant network structures and facilities,
- Organize complex activities for the development, construction, implementation, and maintenance of Outside plant engineering projects.
- Utilize sound engineering practices and company objectives to resolve issues in a creative and effective way.
- Skillfully communicate to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships and drive projects to completion
- Engineer/Design projects to ensure cost-effective utilization of materials and labor.
- Perform administrative work relating to projects and assignments.
- Assess situations, collaborate and, identify key issues, and solve complex problems.
- Conduct 70% of work in the field and 30% in the office on average; varies per market.
CAN WORK IN VANDALIA, IBERIA, CROCKER OR DIXON, MO
Do you Have?
- Strong and effective technical communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to be a self-starter, able to work with little guidance
- Ability to work in a self-directed work group, work easily with others and be a team player
- Ability to analyze problems and priorities and make decisions
- A love of solving problems and building solutions
- A college degree in Engineering or similar discipline and/or 2 years technical experience
- CAD/E, Microstation, AutoCad or other similar design programs
- Previous telecommunication engineering experience or courses in engineering
- Experience working with city, county and/or state agencies
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life and Child Life Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
Windstream Holdings, Inc.is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small business, enterprise organizations along with carrier partners across the United States.
Primary Location: *US-Missouri-Vandalia
Job Category: Engineering
Requisition ID: 21000767
Other Locations: US-Missouri-Iberia, US-Missouri-Crocker, US-Missouri, US-Missouri-Dixon
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.