Arconic Machinist/Tool & Die Maker 3rd Shift in Washington, Missouri
Plan, layout and construct a variety of intricate, highly specialized tools, fixtures, dies, and gauges, and machining parts requiring high quality workmanship while holding to extremely close tolerances or close tolerances.
· Building and repairing of all types, sizes and shapes of jigs, tools, fixtures, and dies
· Direct, instruct, and train employees
· Set up, operate, and program all tool room equipment
· Make close tolerance parts per prints, sketches, samples, or verbal instructions
· Perform hand fabrication as necessary
· Troubleshoot production equipment making necessary repairs to put equipment back on line.
· Fabricate or rework all types of tooling and dies with necessary support.
· Weld as necessary
· Make needed alterations, corrections, or modifications in tools.
· Other duties as assigned
Skill & Competency Requirements:
· Minimum of 2 years experience working in a tool and die shop is required
· Minimum 6 months experience with TIG or Stick welding
· Must have proficient knowledge of mathematical equations and pass a functional test by a score of 70% or higher
· Required to read and understand scales, protractors and dial calipers in order to take measurements
· Required to read blueprints, tools, mapping and work orders
· Required to read and interpret production orders and safety, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals
· Must have basic knowledge of math, math equations, and use of various measuring instruments
· Must work a full-time schedule and overtime as required
· Vocational or Technical School training and CNC experience is preferred but not required
· Must have basic computers skills
· Must have problem solving skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work with others
High school diploma or GED
Must be 18 years of age or older
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Title: Machinist/Tool & Die Maker 3rd Shift
Requisition ID: 18002647
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.