Arconic Material Handler - B or D Shift (Night Shift) in Washington, Missouri
Responsible for assisting in the functions of production. Move material from storage or production areas, loading docks, or delivery vehicles, by hand or using fork trucks or other equipment. Attach identifying tags to material or mark them with identifying information. Read production orders or receive oral instruction to determine work assignments or material needs. Responsible for making sure all daily production orders are pulled and staged in assigned areas. Assist in maintenance of inventory, both finished and raw, and organization of all warehouse areas
· Load, unload and move materials from within shipping and receiving, plant, yard, storage areas or work sites to designated areas, using hand truck, electric dolly, forklift or other devices
· Maintain organization of Finished Goods and Raw Materials
· Check all material for damages and/or shortages and report to management
· Build new or repair damaged pallets
· Assist with special projects and assignments per request of the department manager
· Responsible for house cleaning and maintenance in shipping/receiving and inventory areas
· Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED
Must be 18 years of age or older
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Skill & Competency Requirements:
· Well organized
· Accurate and attentive to detail
· Computer literate (Word, Excel, SAP)
· Must have basic knowledge of math, math equations and use of various measuring instruments
· Must work a full-time schedule and overtime as required
· Must have basic computer skills
· Must have problem solving skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work with others
· Required to read and interpret production orders and safety, operating, maintenance, and procedure manuals
Organization: *39100-21240 Shipping - #2
Title: Material Handler - B or D Shift (Night Shift)
Requisition ID: 18003196
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.